Bavaria Brewery is committed to having zero carbon emissions by 2040.

By 2040, Bavaria Brewery plans to have zero carbon emissions.

According to the corporation, it will execute methods to eradicate net CO2 emissions in accordance with the United Nations Climate Conference in Glasgow.

Cervecera Bavaria has pledged to eradicate all net carbon emissions in its supply chains by 2040, as part of its ambition to drive Colombia’s transformation and achieve the goals of its long-term socio-environmental strategy.

The company has four lines of activity to achieve this goal: climate action, circular economy, smart agriculture, and water conservation. To that aim, it has set short-, medium-, and long-term goals as part of a continuous effort to contribute to Colombia’s climate change mitigation.

In terms of climate action, Bavaria plans to use renewable energies in 100 percent of its operations by 2025, including solar panels and non-conventional renewable energies in all of its manufacturing facilities.

Its concept calls for solar panels to produce about 15% of the operation’s electric energy, with the remaining 85% covered by non-conventional renewable energy purchases.

It is also aiming to optimize its transportation fleet, which includes electric and gas trucks, as well as the latest EuroV engine technology.

“The company’s projects to scale regenerative agriculture practices to boost soil health and carbon sequestration capability, as well as nature-based solutions for watershed conservation, have been included to these bets. On these fronts, the company has been able to safeguard almost 8,500 hectares of páramo and plant 325,000 native trees, both of which will aid in the fight against climate change “, according to the firm.

“At Bavaria, we recognize that we are part of an ecosystem, and that our business cannot thrive without a healthy environment, vibrant communities, and a long-term supply chain,” said Samira Fadul, vice president of Corporate Affairs.

The company’s goals are similar to those of other countries throughout the world, including Colombia, that have enacted pollution reduction and climate change mitigation initiatives.

In reality, according to a KPMG analysis, Norway, the United Kingdom, and Sweden have the highest performance in the race to attain zero greenhouse gas emissions, with Chile standing out in South America.

Only nine of the 31 countries that account for almost three-quarters of worldwide GHG emissions have adopted and implemented net zero emission legislation, according to the consultancy firm.

“One of the main challenges in this area is a lack of implementation ability, which is prevalent in almost all nations, including some of the most developed,” according to the report.

Chile, Brazil, and Argentina are among the top 25 performing countries in Latin America. Chile is ranked 16th in the world.

“Argentina, Brazil, and Chile have enormous natural resources that may be used to generate energy that is renewable and sustainable. They also have the knowledge and access to technology needed to carry out ambitious energy transition plans, however they face a lack of effective control mechanisms to varied degrees “said Juanita Lopez, managing partner of KPMG IMPACT and KPMG South America’s ESG head.

The lack of effective regulatory systems is the main barrier for Latin American countries in the race to net emissions, according to the report.

According to the study, a large part of the mistakes made in implementing zero-emission strategies is the belief that everything should fall on the government, when it is an issue that should be addressed in collaboration with key economic sectors such as electricity and energy, industry, transportation, construction and agriculture, and land use and forestry.

Article Author Gerluxe Image: fayettevilleflyer